Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So maybe I like to paint...

I'm quite sure we all have things we wish we made more time for.  Or did more often.  Like more than once a year I suppose.  Mine?  Painting.  For sure.  I absolutely love it.  There is nothing better than turning on some good tunes late late at night, and getting out my paints and going to town.  My first recollection of painting is back in the seventh grade in Miss Gustaveson's class.  We had a watercolor project we had to do and I did this rose collage.  That was when I first fell in love with it all.  For some weird reason I didn't really think to take it up as a side hobby until five years later.  My senior year of high school my creative juices started flowing in a direction other than on that big blue floor where I spent 95% of my time.  It makes me laugh at the turn of events that triggered my painting.  See, I was going through huge life changes at the time.  For the past year my dad had been commuting back and forth from California for his job.  But by now it was pretty much my mom and dad living over there and flying back to Utah about once a month.  So I pretty much lived by myself.  Don't get me wrong, this was good growth for one to have!  College applications were also being sent in and I was deciding to stay in Utah or go to California for school.  AP exams were rounding the corner quickly so I was studying constantly for those.  I was also going to be graduating high school.  Time to grow up!  Weird?  Anyways, at this particular time, I had this silly boy I really liked.  It was a break up of ours that got the feelings out in a painting.  Said painting is now owned by my Billy.  I believe Jewel was blaring in my ear while this painting was spilling out all over the paper.  Oh what a big deal things were back then.  Life was simple though and those little break ups were the life altering events right?  No need to pay attention to those big life changes I was making.  Ha!  Anyways, from that painting on, I fell in love with the hobby.  I'm not good at it.  I don't show people my art.  It's just my stress release that makes me happy.  This is what I wish I made more time for.  In fact, I need to do so.  I'm in Alaska right now and this place triggers the finest of creative juices.  Especially this gem of a computer that Billy has!  I'm bottling these juices up and taking them home with me!  Oh little easel be ready for when I get home to you!  Such a small thing to 'wish' I did more but such happiness it brings to my soul.  
Xoxo,
Billy

No comments: